What are the requirements to get married in Hong Kong?
Under the Laws of Hong Kong, the minimum age for getting married is 16 years of age (Gregorian reckoning). There are no residential requirements for marrying parties and the parties may be of any nationality.
Can foreigners get married in Hong Kong?
Even foreign nationals can get married in Hong Kong but the rules for marriage will remain the same starting with the procedure for giving a Notice of Intended Marriage.
Can tourists get married in Hong Kong?
1. Can tourists get married in Hong Kong? There is no residential requirement to register a marriage in Hong Kong. No matter you are a tourist, employee with working visa or temporary resident, you are qualified to get married in Hong Kong.
How quickly can you get married in Hong Kong?
The submission should happen between 3 months to 15 days (except Sundays) before you get married. Take note that you cannot submit this notice before the 3-month mark because it will expire after the 3rd month. There are two ways to book this with the Registrar. One is through the Hong Kong government website.
How can a Filipino get married in Hong Kong?
Requirements for Marriage:
- Male and Female who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of marriage.
- Both parties must be Filipino nationals.
- Valid Philippine passports of both parties.
- Duly accomplished Application for Marriage; (notarization of each application is HK$ 200.00)
- Marriage License.
- Two witnesses.
What are the papers needed for marriage?
Getting a marriage license
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
Who pays for wedding in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong: Traditionally, the groom pays for the wedding. The groom also gives money to the bride’s family. Philippines: The groom’s family pays for most of the wedding day expenses. South Korea: The two families will meet prior to the wedding to and discuss financial arrangements.
How can I get married to a foreigner?
You will need to file Form I-130 and then Form DS-160 (also called the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), followed by a medical exam and an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Although this can sometimes be a long process,, this option does lead to a green card as soon as you arrive in the United States.